Using a Public Adjuster for Rental Properties in Nassau County, NY

by | Mar 27, 2020 | Insurance Services

If you own rental properties in Nassau County, NY, you know that maintenance and repair work can quickly eat into any profits you hope to realize. You have to advocate for yourself when it comes time to make repairs after damage occurs, as the insurance company is in business for themselves, not for you. If your rental property is damaged, hiring an adjuster ensures you get compensation from the insurance that you have paid for.

Working With an Insurance Adjuster
When something happens to your rental property that should be covered by insurance, it is tempting to hand the process off to the insurance company entirely. You may assume that is what you pay them for. In reality, the insurance company will be happy to send their adjuster out to assess the damage and determine what amount you should receive from the insurance company, but the adjuster is working for the insurance company, not you.

You are not required to use the adjuster provided by the insurance company, you can hire your own. This ensures that you have someone working for you during the process.

There are some things you should look for when hiring an adjuster. You want someone who can come out to the site quickly and get the process started, and you want them to handle the paperwork that goes to the insurance company for you. They must be licensed and certified to work in New York.

If you need insurance work completed on rental properties in Nassau County, NY, get in touch with Maximum Adjustment, Inc. at website, they will be sure you get the reimbursement you deserve. You can connect with them on Facebook for more updates!

Latest Articles